North Canterbury Veterinary Clinics has a proud tradition of providing veterinary services to local beef farmers since its inception in 1954. Our team of dedicated beef production enthusiasts including vets, technicians and animal health sales reps offer you a complete service, partnering with you to help sustain animal health and maximise production on your farm.
Our veterinarians offer...
- BVD control planning
- Beef animal health planning with emphasis on performance and achieving targets.
- Investigative programmes into reproductive and growth rate performance. (Mating performance, calving performance & beef herd performance evaluation)
- Herd performance monitoring - Cow Body Condition Scoring (BCS)
- Specific control programmes for parasite management and evaluation.
- Diagnosis, treatment & control of other conditions.
- Neo-natal calf autopsy surveys.
- On-farm trials.
- Faecal Egg Count Reduction Testing (FECRT) to monitor individual farm drench resistance and effectiveness.
- Blood testing and liver biopsies to evaluate trace mineral status.
- Herd pregnancy testing, performance analysis, bench marking and reporting.
- Bull testing for fertility and soundness.
- Teaser Bull preparation (vasectomy surgery).
- Feed budgeting.
- Data analysis to facilitate management decisions.
- High quality individual animal medicine and care - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Our technicians offer...
- Administering animal treatments to herds (vaccines, drenches including bloat and trace element capsules).
- Herd Body Weight (BWT) and Body Condition Scoring (BCS).
- Blood and faecal sampling.
- In house faecal egg count (FEC) testing to monitor herd parasite status.
Animal health representatives offer...
- Animal remedy advice and sales.
- On-farm calling by appointment focusing on animal health and livestock production.
- New product information and advice for on-farm use.